Monday, May 22, 2006

Energetic & Figurative Abstract Art Prints


And let the shows begin!
I am sitting here tonight with toothpicks propping up my eyelids - rudely yawning every time I try to open my mouth to speak to someone, because I got the first eight hours sleep in a week today, and it has apparently ruined me! Was functioning nicely on triple espressos and 24 hour runs between naps, but me, a soft pillow, a firm bed, and a non-functioning alarm clock would be a most wonderful conjunction right about now.

The Columbia Gorge Art Festival was this past Saturday and Sunday out here in Oregon, and I had a blast. There is simply nothing as great as having someone get "caught" by your art and hang out looking, and looking some more. It is so much fun to talk to people and hear what images they're finding in my work (turns out the one I finished at the show has a bicyclist in it. Who knew?? Silly me, I thought it was some sort of archetypal prehistoric fish!). Had truly heArtwarming comments from people at this show - and not one, "Hmm, well, that's ...uh... interesting". It was a great start to my summer show schedule. Sold almost all the prints I had in stock, plus an original, and a good portion of my card and BookLit inventory. PLUS, the good folks running the show were feeding the artists from the barbeque free!!! It doesn't get a whole lot better than that..

You can see my current portfolio at http://www.artwanted.com/artist.cfm?artid=24639. Browse around, find the image(s) you like, and then contact me at otwstudios@aim.com to order signed and numbered prints at great prices. If you wish a price list, you know where I'm at!

I hope you are having a marvelous spring!...
now I'm off to nap.
Loree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home